Fact Sheet for AOTA RA & Representative Position
What is the Representative Assembly?
The Representative Assembly (RA) is the body of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), which establishes professional policies and standards.
The RA is your link to action on issues and concerns and concerns affecting occupational therapy.
What do RA issues and concerns include?
• A specific professional issue or concern, or suggested action related to establishing professional policies or standards.
• An existing or potential impact of a professional problem on occupational therapy practitioners, education, practice, or populations.
• A gap in existing Association standards, policies, official documents, or resources in addressing the professional issue.
• Note: The professional issue needs to be timely and of relevance, for a national organization to consider.
• The professional issue needs to relate directly to AOTA’s Strategic Framework and Priorities.
What are some examples of a request for action?
How do I find out more?
I want to learn about the process to place a request for action.
I like visual information. I want to learn what the process looks like in a flow chart.
I want to learn more about how to place a request for action for the RA to consider.
I have a great idea! Where’s the on-line submission form?
I want to connect with my state representative in Colorado. Email: CORep@ra.aota.org
CO State Representatives
2020-2023 Suzanne E. Holm, OTD, OTR/L, BCPR
2017-2020 Terri Cassidy, OTD, OTR/L, CDRS